Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-21-2015, 09:15 AM   #1
Doctor T
Doctor T began at the beginning.

Device: None
Question Best Practice for <title>?

Hi!

I have an e-book with several chapters. That is, several sections.

How should the <title> tag be used? For the e-book title or for the chapter title?

Thank you!

Dr. T.
Doctor T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:39 AM   #2
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
If you mean the title tag inside the header of the html, it is totally unimportant what is inside it, since it isn't used for anything, at least as far as I know.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2015, 09:42 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The text of the title tag isn't used by any ebook software I'm aware of. Put what you like there, or leave it blank. I find the name of the (x)html file to be far more useful (for descriptive purposes).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:56 AM   #4
Grizella
Grizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Mantano
Diap: Have fun when renaming your files
Grizella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:43 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizella View Post
Diap: Have fun when renaming your files
Sorry. I didn't mean that I actually put the name of the file IN the title tags. It ocurrs to me now that my post could easily be taken that way.

What I meant was: I'd spend more time worrying about the name of an xhtml file than I would about what went in a title tag. You'll get far more value from it.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2015, 01:05 PM   #6
Grizella
Grizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a TexanGrizella might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Mantano
Then i totally agree. It makes editing much more easier when a filename tells you whats in.
Grizella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<title> tag