Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-12-2015, 06:47 AM   #1
Kartoshka548
Kartoshka548 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX
Kindle DX (white D00801) screen rotation not saved

H all,

i have a problem with my Kindle. it was bought off Ebay half a year ago, my first reader mainly used for professional content reading.

The main problem is that it does not remember page orientation between reading sessions, and this is happening randomly.

My Kinlde DX also resumes randomly on itself, not once happened that i open the cover and the reader is already in reading mode displaying actual page instead of screen saver which i left it with. Or, the saver is different from the one i left with.

Otherwise it works fine. Wifi is always off as i don't need it.
I opened the reader without removing it entirely from the frame (per this tutorial) trying to identify broken components, but nothing extraordinary found. Everything looks good.

Living outside Americas, I am having difficulty sending it to Amazon's labs for testing and/or repairs.

Any advice is welcome, thank you all.
Kartoshka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 07:09 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartoshka548 View Post
Otherwise it works fine. Wifi is always off as i don't need it.
Forgive the question, but are you quite sure that you have a Kindle DX? The DX doesn't have WiFi.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2015, 10:27 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Both the Kindle DX and DX-G only have 3G.

They never had wifi.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:45 AM   #4
Kartoshka548
Kartoshka548 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX
You got it right.

it's currently at home and i'm not that expert in all those extra connectivity modes for the reader.

Only using usb copy mode for books in pdf, and such all extra features are turned off.
Kartoshka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 10:58 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I don't know why it's not remembering your page orientation, but changing screensaver pictures between reading sessions is normal: the Kindle wakes up from time to time and tries to contact Amazon's servers.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert