Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 10-26-2004, 08:01 PM   #1
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
visNotes-encrypted memos

SFR have released a utility for the PPC and Palm, visNotes.

This is an alternative memo/notes program that encrypts the note with 128bit encryption. The basic version is free.

Not a bad idea for those who may not already be using ewallet software to encrypt sensitive data on their devices.

Craig.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:11 PM   #2
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Too bad the free version is not open-source. I am always hesitant to using security software that doesn't show its underlying code. I am still using the ancient tool strip for PalmOS for storing my passwords. It comes with sources and uses AES encryption:
http://www.zetetic.net/solutions/strip/

Craig, do you know of any open-source encryption solutions for PocketPC?
Advert
Old 10-26-2004, 08:33 PM   #3
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I personally use CodewalletPro to encrypt all my passwords and other sensitive data on my ipaq, and am very happy with it.

I did a quick check, and came up with the following open source project for PPC (and other OS) cryptography:

Password Safe

It looks pretty stable, and has been out for a while (since 2001), so it might bear looking at.

Craig.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:09 AM   #4
tom
tom began at the beginning.

Device: Toshiba e800
visNotes encryption

Hello,

visNotes uses the free Twofish algorithm with 128 Bit for encryption.
(www.twofish.org)

visNotes uses the clicked spots in the picture to generate a key for the encryption algorithm.

Tom