Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-04-2015, 08:20 AM   #1
Demingy
Groupie
Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2
Calibre 2.15 update won't open on Mac OSX Lion

I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm running Calibre on Mac OSX Lion and this is the first time I've run into this problem.

I got the update notification for Calibre 2.15 and did what I normally do: I downloaded the update from the Calibre website, opened it, moved the icon to Applications, and selected replace for the prompt that I already had an app with the same name. I went to open Calibre and it started normally with the prompt that the application came from the internet and I selected the option to open the program. After a couple of seconds the bouncing icon on my dock just disappeared. I checked the activity monitor and there was nothing running for Calibre. I tried to open Calibre again and nothing happened.

So I moved the Calibre app to trash, redownloaded the update, and installed it. Again I tried to open it, got the prompt about the app being from the internet (selected open), the icon bounced a couple seconds more and just disappeared.

I moved Calibre to the trash, downloaded version 2.13 and installed it. This opened with no problem.

I know I don't necessarily need the current version of Calubre, but I wanted to see if anyone had any idea what could be causing this problem.
Demingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:24 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
See https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1407102
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2015, 08:36 AM   #3
Demingy
Groupie
Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Demingy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Doh! Didn't check there, sorry. I'll be sure to do that next time.

Thanks Chaley!
Demingy is offline   Reply With Quote