Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-05-2014, 05:24 AM   #1
Vortex
Groupie
Vortex began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Import on Filename changes mid import due to book error

I'm getting an error when trying to import a big collection of ebooks, mostly old formats with filenames all in the same naming format, so I'm importing them on filename not metadata. I've tried 4 times now and every time about half way through the import changes and messes up the import so the whole filename is the Title field. I get an error message at the end of the import. I've had 3 different books give the error so far, all pdf's, if I import the books on their own they import fine with no error. When I look thorough the imported books every book after the one giving the error is imported wrongly so the whole filename is the Title field from then on.

Quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Failed to read metadata from the file(s):
E:/EBOOKS/C/Elizabeth Chater - The Runaway Debutante.pdf
With error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\pool.py", line 363, in worker_main
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\worker.py", line 59, in read_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\worker.py", line 39, in run_import_plugins
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 159, in _run_filetype_plugins
File "traceback.py", line 233, in print_exc
File "traceback.py", line 124, in print_exception
File "traceback.py", line 13, in _print
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 77, in write
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 79, in __getattr__
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 79, in __getattr__
The last line repeats for hundreds of lines.
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:11 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Disable the DRM removal plugin and you should be fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2014, 11:15 AM   #3
Vortex
Groupie
Vortex began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Thanks Kovid. Is it a bug in a recent Calibre update or the DeDRM plugin? I've never had it happen before, then 4 times in a row. The DeDRM plugin is kind of useful.

Last edited by Vortex; 12-05-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:49 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It is a bug in the DeDRM plugin, that was exposed by a recent calibre change. I imagine its authors will fix it soon enough. And I have committed some code that prevents bugs in plugins from preventing successful reading of file metadata.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote