Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-12-2014, 12:16 AM   #1
Davvy
Davvy began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7, Nook Tablet, iPhone 5, Windows 7 PC
Hello, glad to be here and hope to find some help

Hi everyone, my name is David, and I'm an avid ebook reader. I use Windows 7 for home and work, and read my ebooks on a Nook Tablet, which I have recently replaced with a Nexus 7. To manage my library, I've used Calibre for several years now. I've also played with Sigil a few times to create a couple of ebooks of my own, and also to modify a couple of the ones I've acquired.

Recently I updated to Sigil 0.8.1, and that's when things went south. All of sudden, I can no longer launch the Sigil program. I have searched for a solution to the problem, and tried some of the solutions I've found online, but so far have not been successful in restoring a working version of the program. I have uninstalled the latest version, cleaned out everything including the sigil.ini file on my PC, reinstalled that version. I have also tried to install older versions, but nothing seems to work now, and I just can't launch any of them any longer. I tried to find a troubleshooting section for Sigil but so far have not found one. Hopefully one of you will point me in the right direction.

I really loved worked with Sigil, and hope I can be able to get going with it again soon.

Thanks everyone for reading, and for any assistance you may give me.

David
Davvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 06:01 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi David and welcome to MobileRead.

I see you have also posted your question in our Sigil section where you've already got response.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2014, 11:59 PM   #3
Davvy
Davvy began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7, Nook Tablet, iPhone 5, Windows 7 PC
Thanks MickeyC, yes I've got a few responses to my post in the Sigil forum. But no resolution yet, I will keep working with the people there, hopefully they'll be able to help me solve the problem eventually. :-)
Davvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:07 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Welcome to Mobileread.

The Introduce Yourself Forum is only for new members to introduce themselves.

Please continue to monitor your question in the Sigil forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote