Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-13-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
binzer
Zealot
binzer doesn't litterbinzer doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3
How long does a return take?

I haven't got a response from Bookeen regarding my broken screen yet, but I'm assuming I'll be sending my Cybook to France. I live in Canada, and I'm wondering if anyone in North America has had to return their Cybook before (and knows how long approximately it takes to get it back).

The problem is that I'm moving (a very long distace) in a month, so I'd like to get it back before then. If I'm not going to get it back before then, I may just buy a new Cybook from booksonboard instead. In a way, I'd rather support BoB more than Bookeen anyways since their customer service has always been fantastic (whereas I'm going to be very unhappy if Bookeen makes me pay a huge repair fee after this large bout of broken screens).

The other option is to buy a sony reader, which is significantly cheaper, but I really just don't like it as much as the Cybook.

I miss my working Cybook already; it's just so sad
binzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:24 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
People have reported having it back in a week. That's in Europe so add, say, 3 days travel time each way to get to Canada and that would be a total time of about two weeks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2008, 12:02 AM   #3
mjdb
Kiwi Member
mjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-books

Device: NAEB Bookeen Cybook Gen3, eBookman
Quote:
Originally Posted by binzer View Post
I haven't got a response from Bookeen regarding my broken screen yet, but I'm assuming I'll be sending my Cybook to France. I live in Canada, and I'm wondering if anyone in North America has had to return their Cybook before (and knows how long approximately it takes to get it back). [snip]
I also had a broken screen, and have just received my replacement reader.
Very quick service from Bookeen.
I emailed them asking for a RMA number, and received a reply in about 6 hours.
I returned the broken reader by courier, it reached them on a Friday, they send me a url for the payment site, and they dispatched a replacement on Monday.

Martin.
mjdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:22 AM   #4
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by binzer View Post
I haven't got a response from Bookeen regarding my broken screen yet, but I'm assuming I'll be sending my Cybook to France. I live in Canada, and I'm wondering if anyone in North America has had to return their Cybook before (and knows how long approximately it takes to get it back).

I miss my working Cybook already; it's just so sad

Hello Binzer!

I live in Canada but at the other end!!! in Quebec. I had to send my Cybook for a broken screen as well. It took less than a day for Bookeen to send me a RMA. I sent my Cybook via Express Post. It took about 5 days to get to Paris. I got my notification from Canada Post within a few hours of an email from Bookeen. I paid the 120 Euros and I got my Cybook at the post office on the small island on the St-Lawrence where I live in about a week after I paid them.

All in all a positive experience with Bookeen Support service. I would not trade my Cybook for a Sony. I like the buying experience at Fictionwise too much!

Regards,

Georges

P.S.: I used a Yahoo address to communicate with Bookeen and it worked well.

Last edited by captaingeorges; 06-14-2008 at 09:25 AM.
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote