Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-31-2014, 11:18 AM   #1
marshap
Enthusiast
marshap began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
Kobo H2O light gradations

My only issue with the H2O is the front light has very distinct gradations, especially at low light settings. For example, at 19% it is quite dim, but at 20% it is materially brighter. Unlike my Aura, which has very smooth brightness variations along the entire spectrum, the H2O appears to be more stepped in its light brightness. I presume this is more of a hardware than firmware matter, so I suspect it cannot be remedied. Has anyone else noticed this?
marshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Unless you absolutely need to have your light somewhere between 19 and 20%, any non-linear jump in luminosity is meaningless.

I will admit that this is interesting in the "kobo screws it up again, but I'm no longer surprised by that" category...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert