curlingstraight
curlingstraight began at the beginning.

Device: KoboGlo
Update kobo device LN, FN folders into FN LN format

Used to be my kobo device is configured as:
{author_sort}/{series} {series_index:0>2s|| -} - {title} - {authors}

Then when I changed my computer, I made the kobo device configured as:
{author}/{series} {series_index:0>2s|| -} {title} - {authors}

So my previously LN, FN only folders in windows explorer directory has also FN LN folder when I added new book of same author.

Example:
Bishop, Anne/Other 01 - Written In Red - Anne Bishop
Anne Bishop/Other 02 - Murder of Crows - Anne Bishop

It's kind of annoying to look at in windows explorer.
What am I to do to update all the LN, FN folders into FN, LN format?
I know I can delete then resend the books to the device, but I won't because kobo process the books very, very slow.
curlingstraight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:18 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@curlingstraight You should be able to use this PI ==>> [GUI Plugin] Quality Check - see attachment

Try on a few books first to make sure its what you want

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - 2014-09-04 , 16_17_49.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	127836  

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-04-2014 at 02:24 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2014, 02:29 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@curlingstraight You should be able to use this PI ==>> [GUI Plugin] Quality Check - see attachment

BR
I was unaware that Quality Check operated on the ondevice files...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 02:48 AM   #4
curlingstraight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

BR
Thanks for reply. I tried that, but it works only for books in the Library, not in the device.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:31 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlingstraight View Post
Thanks for reply. I tried that, but it works only for books in the Library, not in the device.
sorry I misread, I thought you mainly concerned with the library and less concerned with the device - it was the mention of windows explorer than threw me.

If you can see the files on the Kobo in Windows Explorer then you could perhaps use a 3rd party renamer to do the swapping, assuming WE can rename files on a Kobo. I would use Bulk Rename Utility or Regex Renamer. You might not get 100% result so you'd have to do a few by hand.

I do not know if calibre could cope with that. Try it with a handful of books.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2014, 04:07 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
curlingstraight: Ignore the others, they don't know what they are talking about

There isn't an easy way to do this at the moment. Deleting and resending the books is it. But, you can use the Kobo Utilities plugin to store the reading status and restore it after you resend the books.

I have been asked to consider this problem. The original reason was to have an easy way to move books to the SD card from the main memory. But, when/if I do it, I will make it a more general function to rearrange the files.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:39 AM   #7
curlingstraight

In windows explorer view when my kobo device is connected, I have 225 author folders with FN LN and 794 folders with LN, FN format. I don't know how many authors have duplicate folder because I was not careful when I configured the device (author_sort vs author) and I noticed this just now, after 8 months.

I guess I can rename it manually.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:56 AM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
curlingstraight: Ignore the others, they don't know what they are talking about
Hey, I carefully avoided saying anything.

I don't pass judgement on Kobo and its database.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote