Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 10-12-2004, 03:14 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Dell Axim X50/X50v official brochure

PocketFactory leaked out the official color brochure of the new Axim X50/X50v, which is set to launch today. You can download it from here (PDF).

With a 624Mhz CPU, a 3.7" VGA 640x480 display, plus WiFi and Bluetooth, the Axim X50v looks like the perfect PDA to me ATM

Update: The X50v is available for $499 at Dell's website, not a bad price I think. Bad news: Dell is listing the estimated shipping date as the 11/17.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:11 AM   #2
Gatton
Groupie
Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021, assorted Fire tablets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
PocketFactory leaked out the official color brochure of the new Axim X50/X50v
Now that is niiiiice. Wonder what it will go for. $500-$600 US?
Anyone here read books on a 640x480 res screen?
Advert
Old 10-12-2004, 10:17 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I never did. But it sure sounds like a great eye reliever!
Old 10-12-2004, 12:13 PM   #4
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatton
Now that is niiiiice. Wonder what it will go for. $500-$600 US?
The X50v is $500 on the Dell website, not a bad price I think. Bad news: Dell is listing the estimated shipping date as the 11/17.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:17 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Not bad at all considering that you get integrated WiFi among other things (palmOne listen up!).
Advert
Old 10-12-2004, 01:51 PM   #6
divajess
Connoisseur
divajess is on a distinguished road

Device: hp iPAQ 1910, Dell X30H
I expected to be disappointed that I had just ordered an X30 High when the X50 came out...but honestly, for $200 more, I don't consider VGA, more FlashROM, and a CF slot to be that big of a bargain. Maybe to some...I mean, I know some people who would sooner cut off their arm than not be able to use CF, but I have never been able to use it in any of my previous PDAs, so not having it is nothing new to me. VGA is REALLY nice, don't get me wrong, and I believe that Dell has manufactured a really REALLY sweet PDA here...(and an hp KILLER) but I don't think it's come far enough that I'm going to spring for it. My X30 hasn't even arrived yet *sob* and Dell still can't replace it in my heart. Yet. Maybe next year.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:07 PM   #7
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Brighthand Reviews the Dell Axim X50v

Quote:
There are a number of Pocket PCs with VGA screens coming on the market this season. Dell's is called the Axim X50v, and so far it's the one I like best.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:42 PM   #8
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hmm, $499US is just under &700AUS at the moment.... I'd be prepared to pay that, if I had the cash spare. I wonder what the price will be in 6 months time....

Craig.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:33 PM   #9
cheshire
Fence Sitter
cheshire began at the beginning.

Device: Asus P525
Yes, the Axim X50v does seem to be a pretty good device! Yet another choice for those of us who are looking for VGA devices.

I... must... not... yield...