Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-13-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
dfect
dfect began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle DXG
Kindle DXG USB networking won't initiate

Hello,

I just upgraded my Kindle DXG from 2.5.8 to 3.2.1 and all seems to work except for starting the USB network connection.

It was working fine at 2.5.8 but when i execute the commands ";debugOn" and "~usbNetwork" nothing happens, Mac OS is still finding the device as a USB storage device (I've tried "`usbNetwork" as well, as was working on the previous 2.5.8).

To see that the jailbreak worked (Update_jailbreak_0.12.N_dxg_install) I also installed the screensaver hack (Update_ss_0.44.N_dxg_install) which works so I guess the jailbreak is active.

The install for USB network I've used is "Update_usbnetwork_0.54.N_dxg_install", which I also used on the previous 2.5.8 (that worked).

Last edited by dfect; 08-13-2014 at 03:17 PM.
dfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:20 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@dfect: Known issue with the 3.x-on-DXG Frankestein FW (read the docs). As a workaround, you can toggle USBNet through a launcher instead (KUAL/laucnhpad/kite).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2014, 03:29 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
That was a neat trick - Frankenstein'g a Kindle DXG when the poster only lists having a Kobo Glo.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:05 PM   #4
dfect
dfect began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@dfect: Known issue with the 3.x-on-DXG Frankestein FW (read the docs). As a workaround, you can toggle USBNet through a launcher instead (KUAL/laucnhpad/kite).
Thanks!

(for other who encounters the same problem)

Installed launchpad

added:

Shift N = !/mnt/us/usbnet/bin/usbnetwork

to launchpad/launchpad.ini

To trig it:

Shift + Shift + N (in less than 0.7 sec)
dfect is offline   Reply With Quote