Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-30-2014, 02:53 AM   #1
nickygerritsen
nickygerritsen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Series index not sorted

Hi!

I have a Kobo Aura and am using Calibre to load books on them.
I have them all converted to kepub format (to have pages per chapter appear on the Kobo) and have assigned series and series indices to them.

These do get synced to my Kobo (as the names appear below the title and above the author on the Kobo).
However, I am unable to sort the books by these series and indices. They just appear sorted by (normal) book title.

I have disabled all plugboards and have set the KoboTouchExtended plugin to save series information. I even checked the .sqlite database file on the Kobo and the series and seriesindex on these are set correctly.

How can I make the books sort by series (index)?
nickygerritsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:25 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Unfortunately, there isn't a series sort option. The only way to do it is with a plugboard to add the series info into the title.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2014, 04:27 AM   #3
nickygerritsen
nickygerritsen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Unfortunately, there isn't a series sort option. The only way to do it is with a plugboard to add the series info into the title.
I also tried that, but that did not seem to work? Maybe because I am using kepub's?

I set both the title and title_sort to something with the series in it for all devices and all formats, but Calibre did not use it?
nickygerritsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:28 AM   #4
vandafc
Connoisseur
vandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kindle 3
You need to add the name of the series to the title.

take a look here to see how to do it: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193184
vandafc is offline   Reply With Quote