Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-29-2014, 02:57 PM   #1
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
How to sort collections, Firmware 3.3.0

I finally picked up a spare Glo yesterday and let it update the firmware. Figured since I won't be using this spare much, I'd use it to keep track of the changes in case it ever evolved into something I liked. It only updated to 3.3.0 though.

At first books weren't auto added into collections, but when I logged out and soft reset the reader because sideloaded books weren't showing at all, now when I add books, they are put into collections as they should.

But how do you sort collections? There's no rhyme or reason to the sort order, possibly by added date and they transferred in a random pattern? But that's really annoying to have to read through 15 pages to find the collection you want. There must be a way.

Edit: And one other question, is there a way to stop the reader from changing your book sort order from Title to Newest everytime you turn it on?

Edit 2: Ignore this, I caved and manually updated to 3.5.0. I wanted to wait to see just how long it can take for an update to actually be downloaded to the ereader.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 07-30-2014 at 02:45 AM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:44 PM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Check this thread for information on fixing the collections sort issue.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2014, 10:34 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Edit: And one other question, is there a way to stop the reader from changing your book sort order from Title to Newest everytime you turn it on?
How are you opening the list. If you open from the menu at the bottom of the home screen, it is sorted by whatever you last sorted by. But, if you open using the library tile showing new books, it will be sorted by "Recent".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:35 PM   #4
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I had seen that thread and tried adding those lines to the file, but nothing worked. Then reading through the long thread about firmware 3.3.0, it looked like sorting collections wasn't working. I was going to wait to see when 3.5.0 would be downloaded, but I gave in and installed it manually then. I'm pretty when this backup reader starts getting used more, I'm going to end up putting 2.4.0 on it. I still hate the new homescreen look and function and having to keep dismissing tiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
How are you opening the list. If you open from the menu at the bottom of the home screen, it is sorted by whatever you last sorted by. But, if you open using the library tile showing new books, it will be sorted by "Recent".
That could have been it, I might have been opening from the Library tile, but I can't verify it with 3.5.0 on it now. With 3.5.0, it's staying as last sorted.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 07-30-2014 at 10:38 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote