Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-25-2014, 09:50 PM   #1
Nancybny
Nancybny began at the beginning.

Device: marvin on ipad
book covers disappeared

Hi - I updated to the latest version of calibre and now the book covers in the detail column are all blank - any ideas how to get them back? I like seeing them.
Nancybny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:57 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Cavers appear in a number of places.

Are you referring to:
The cover browser (a banner of about 10 covers, 1 face out, the other at an angle)?
the cover in Metadata edit?
The one in the details pane (where the comments also show)
in the 'info' window (tap 'I') which is a larger details.

were you playing around in the Library folder? cover.jpg is what calibre uses in the Library views
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2014, 09:59 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancybny View Post
Hi - I updated to the latest version of calibre and now the book covers in the detail column are all blank - any ideas how to get them back? I like seeing them.
When did you do the download - there was a corrective 1.46 release more than twelve hours since, see View Single Post - V 1.46 - Error with Author Link

Do download again from here ==>> Download calibre and reinstall

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:08 AM   #4
Nancybny

Hi - on the right side of the screen I have a details panel. Until the update, the cover of the book appeared there and, on occasion, it would show up as a blank, brown book cover - but usually, it was a picture of the actual book cover. Now all I see are blanks... not the end of the world, but annoying since I like seeing the cover.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:54 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancybny View Post
Hi - on the right side of the screen I have a details panel. Until the update, the cover of the book appeared there and, on occasion, it would show up as a blank, brown book cover - but usually, it was a picture of the actual book cover. Now all I see are blanks... not the end of the world, but annoying since I like seeing the cover.
OK
We are in synch now. Details pane.

Preferences: Look and Feel: Book details Tab:

Is show cover still ticked?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2014, 08:31 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@theducks - losing the covers was one of the effects the 'typo' in the initial release of 1.46, read my previous post and follow the links therein

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:37 AM   #7
Nancybny

Just updated to 1.47 and all is back to normal - thanks!!!

Tags
blankbookcover