Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-18-2014, 05:48 PM   #1
enibas
enibas began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Unhappy Are embedded Fonts connected to the book id?

I have a weird question, but I cant seem to find an answer anywhere on the web...
I have finished designing an ebook (starting in InDesign (CS4) and finishing it in Dreamweaver) and decided to change the book-id to match its ISBN number as a last step. when i change the book id all embedded fonts – that worked well on all devices so far – were not working anymore. Why is that and how do i fix this? I searched every file, not finding one hint that fonts and book id are somehow related...? Any tips?
Fonts are encrypted via an xml-file but again, the code doesnt provide any connection to the book-id... I am absolutely clueless.
enibas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:54 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I don't remember the details, but it's highly likely the key used to obfuscate the fonts is book-id based.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert