Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-13-2014, 06:07 PM   #1
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Bluefire Reader for Windows released

For those that read EPUB on the desktop, there is a new option in town Bluefire Reader for Windows PC's

Syncs location in book across devices, export annotations, user settings for font face, colors, themes, margins and more.

Supports PDF and EPUB2 as well as Adobe DRM. Officially supports Win7 and above (though works on Vista in our tests)

App can be downloaded free here: http://www.bluefirereader.com/windows-app.html

Note that it does not contain UI for transferring files to tethered ereader devices.

Happy Reading,
Micah
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:09 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Does it overrule the book CSS or is there an option to use the book CSS? Because so far the only windows epub reader that I know that uses the book CSS is the reader that comes with Calibre...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #3
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Does it overrule the book CSS or is there an option to use the book CSS? ...
Yes, it uses the ebook CSS, but you can over ride it if you choose
Old 07-14-2014, 10:25 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
The Readium app also honors the book CSS.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:04 AM   #5
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Good.
I am at the desktop/laptop 90% or more, so it will be useful.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2014, 05:35 PM   #6
artig
Zealot
artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo, kindle pw
Unfortunately it doesn't remember the window size and location when you close the application. It starts up with the same small window size each time. It does store the location last displayed and other settings, so why not the layout, window size and location?
artig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:29 PM   #7
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Can you import an epub directly into it from say a Kobo download?

I use Sony Reader for PC to import my epub books into from Kobo, and I don't require ADE at all. It's done an excellent job for the last however many years and it's the only repository of all my epubs.

I then import directly into Calibre from Sony Reader.

So could Bluefire also be the initial download application like Sony Reader currently is?
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:10 PM   #8
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus, Kindle Oasis 2
It's not letting me add my Adobe ID. It tells me to connect my computer to the internet and try again.
lkmiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:04 PM   #9
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by artig View Post
Unfortunately it doesn't remember the window size and location when you close the application. It starts up with the same small window size each time. It does store the location last displayed and other settings, so why not the layout, window size and location?
I'll take that as a feature request. It is certainly on my (fairly long) list as well.
-Micah
Old 07-14-2014, 11:06 PM   #10
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
It's not letting me add my Adobe ID. It tells me to connect my computer to the internet and try again.
The Adobe authentication service encountered a service outage this evening, from your description, it sounds like that is what you ran into. Adobe has had some struggles with that lately for some reason (reason unknown to me)
Old 07-14-2014, 11:07 PM   #11
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Can you import an epub directly into it from say a Kobo download?

I use Sony Reader for PC to import my epub books into from Kobo, and I don't require ADE at all. It's done an excellent job for the last however many years and it's the only repository of all my epubs.

I then import directly into Calibre from Sony Reader.

So could Bluefire also be the initial download application like Sony Reader currently is?
We've never tried, so don't know the answer to that. I'm guessing not as we don't have workflows/UI for tethered devices.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:15 PM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Yes, you can open the .acsm file with BlueFire and the ePub will download and be added to BlueFire's library.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:37 AM   #13
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Thank you AnemicOak.

Micah, I think I probably wrote a confusing sounding question.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:07 AM   #14
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I'll install it later on my tablet...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:45 AM   #15
artig
Zealot
artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo, kindle pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah View Post
I'll take that as a feature request. It is certainly on my (fairly long) list as well.
-Micah
Thank you. I keep a window in a particular size and location with a reference book open, so I can work in another window while reading/referencing the book. It would be great if Bluefire would start up in the same location and size as it was when closed.
artig is offline   Reply With Quote