Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-28-2014, 12:40 PM   #1
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Kobo Customer Service

Hi all,

I'm writing this post because we don't see many positive customer service accounts re: Kobo.

As I mentioned in another thread, my Aura HD stopped charging. My replacement arrived via Canada Post yesterday afternoon, six days after I first raised the issue with Kobo.

Along with the new e-reader came a pre-paid mailer to send the old one back. The only thing I'm unclear on is, do I keep the second USB cord, or send it along with the return. :-P

All told, it was a very positive experience. Was it perfect? No. The five minute response time mentioned on Kobo's website portal is wildly optimistic. In several communications with them only once did they get back to me in five minutes. However, except for one anomaly, they did get back to me within an hour (mostly within half an hour.)

The only other flaw is that they failed to notify me when the reader shipped. However, as it shipped speedily (one day after they said they'd put the order in) I'm inclined to be forgiving. :-D

As an added bonus, while the new HD also has light-guide flaws, the ones on the new Kobo are even less noticeable then the last one (and I had to work at seeing the old ones.) :-D
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:39 AM   #2
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
When I sent my Kobo back to them, they told me to only send the ereader itself back.

I'm glad you had a positive experience. I did too when I had to contact them this winter, and I was trying to figure out why my experience seemed wildly better than what others were reporting. All I can figure is people posting online are more likely to complain. Those with praise are too busy reading.

enjoy the new device.
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2014, 09:56 AM   #3
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
I've never had to deal with them for hardware issues but my own experience with Kobo has been positive.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:20 PM   #4
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Did the Kobo store get rid of their online chat help? I've used that several times and been very pleased. But I don't see the link now. I accidentally bought a PDF book on from the website (because they didn't list the format on the description page) and I need to return it so I can buy the epub version.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Try here for chat...
http://kobo.frontlinesvc.com/app/chat/chat_launch
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2014, 11:44 AM   #6
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
I actually filled out the form they asked me to and checked the "call me" button. They did call within an hour (maybe half hour, can't remember for sure).

Got my issue taken care of, or at least I hope I did, still waiting on a refund.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote