Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-10-2014, 02:35 AM   #1
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Calibre Companion for iOS8

I don't use Apple products myself but was wondering does the the new Ios extension open up Ios for a calibre companion type app. With the current developer for Ios plugins going on hiatus could be an opportunity for you guys.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/06...ing-it-secure/
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I don't use Apple products myself but was wondering does the the new Ios extension open up Ios for a calibre companion type app. With the current developer for Ios plugins going on hiatus could be an opportunity for you guys.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/06...ing-it-secure/
Exposing my ignorance, extensions seem to provide ways for CC to do its job, assuming that the reader apps expose themselves as extensions. Eventually they probably will.

As for doing an iOS version of CC, that as always waits for my son to have time. He has been overloaded with schedule-driven client work for more than a year now (good problem for him, really). On the bright side, he has hired two engineers to help take up the load, so he or one of the two might be able to take on the iOS project. I wouldn't hold my breath though.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert