Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 05-04-2014, 03:55 PM   #1
ssolitar
ssolitar began at the beginning.

Device: ipad 2
Search and Replace No Longer Working

I've been using edit book for quite a while. I think it's a great tool and I've had no problems. Then all of a sudden, I'm was in the middle of editing a book, and the search and replace feature just stopped working for no reason. Now when I do search and replace, I'll put in the find box something that is definitely in the book, like the word "and", and it will say "no matches were found for 'and.'" Wondering if anyone else has this problem, or if anyone knows how to fix this. Thanks!
ssolitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:44 PM   #2
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-650
Check to see if, beneath the Replace line, the Mode of search was changed from Normal to Regex (assuming you were not using Regex; if so, then obviously make sure Regex is selected). If that's not the problem, check the other parameters, such as whether the search is being performed on selected files, but none are selected, etc.

Last edited by Under the Covers; 05-04-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Under the Covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2014, 05:33 PM   #3
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yes, pretty strange. I've just made a search and replace without any trouble.

Also check that there are no strange hidden non-printable symbols in your text. You can use the character identification util that Calibre has in the lower left corner. Navigate your "and" word with the arrow keys and check that you actually have "a" + "n" + "d" without any other strange characters in the middle.
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote