Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-04-2014, 12:47 AM   #1
Ackis
Ackis began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, iPad 2
Building a comprehensive media PC to share media (Mylar, Plex, Calibre, Sickbeard)

Hello everyone, I'm in the process of building a media server (Ubuntu 13.01, Headless).

It's currently running with an Intel Core 2 6300 @ 1.86 Ghz with an 80 gig drive.

I have an external 4TB USB drive that I'm currently using on the server.

My set up also contains two NAS devices:
  • DNS-323 - 2 x 1 TB in Raid 1
  • ReadyNAS Duo V2 2 x 3 TB in JBOD

That's my current setup.

If all goes well I'll have a new setup in a couple of weeks (mainly a faster processor).

My question is how can I optimize Calibre so that it's able to share books out, do it's stuff and what not but also so that it can coexist with other media programs out there.

Ultimentally I want a program called Mylar to play nice (it's similar to SickBeard or CouchPotato but for comics).

I'd like Mylar to be able to download a comic, and then pass it to Calibre to get entered into the library along with its metadata.

I'm assuming I could figure out a script of some sort that would enable the process but I wanted to ask if anyone had any experience with this.

I'm also considering splitting my one library up into smaller libraries: e.g. one for comics, one for magazines, one for childrens books, etc.)

Has anyone here ever had success with a similar setup? And if so, can you provide pointers or tips please.
Ackis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
To start with, you can use the calibre command line utilities, particularly calibredb to communicate with the database, to do most of what you can do via the GUI.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert