Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-13-2014, 06:29 AM   #1
rexall
rexall began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Flier
Thumbs down Moon+ Reader, TTS operate by remote???

Thu 13 Mar 2014, 5:20 pm

Hi ListMates,

The TTS (Text-to-Speech) function in Moon+ Reader Pro combined with Ivona Voice (I love Amy! ) is awesome! I use it every day while riding my bicycle to listen to books. The only thing I am missing is an easy way to skip backwards and/or rewind to listen to passages again after my attention wanders. I know there are earbuds with remote control functions where you can do this with music. As the TTS controls in Moon+ Reader appear to be essentially the same as for an MP3 player, I wonder if the earbud remotes would work for TTS as well? However, I don't want to spend $50-$100 for a set of good earbuds w/remote to find out.

Anyone know what I am talking about? Any experience you can share?

Thanks!

Last edited by pdurrant; 03-13-2014 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Pseudo-signature removed
rexall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I don't know whether this would meet your criteria, but I have a Samsung HS3000 Bluetooth headset which works pretty well with Moon+ TTS. The headset clips to clothing rather than the ear. It comes with a pair of short-wired earbuds but if they're not good enough you can plug in your own preferred ones instead. The play/pause button on the headset works as you'd expect and the forward/backward buttons skip forward/backward a paragraph at a time.

Last edited by jackie_w; 03-15-2014 at 01:41 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert