Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-05-2008, 09:43 PM   #1
kren
Connoisseur
kren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enough

Device: iPod Touch ipad
Praise for Sony Service Center

On the 11 of April 08 I returned my PRS 500 from my home in Thailand to the Sony Service Center, Laredo Texas for repair under Limited Warranty, they estimated the cost including return shipping would be $79.99 and I approved it, however on the 21 April 08 I was informed by email that a repair was not possible after all and that they had shipped me a new replacement (postage cost $29) I received this on 03 May 08 with a new Warranty / charger /software disk and cables.

Excellent service indeed
Keith
kren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:24 PM   #2
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Thanks for posting a positive story. We all rush to share our terrible experiences but so rarely feel the same impulse to share the positive. I don't know that says about human nature, but appreciate your ability to act counter to it. Have some karma.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2008, 10:37 PM   #3
lionfish
Connoisseur
lionfish doesn't litterlionfish doesn't litter

Device: E-Book Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by khlong9 View Post
On the 11 of April 08 I returned my PRS 500 from my home in Thailand to the Sony Service Center, Laredo Texas for repair under Limited Warranty, they estimated the cost including return shipping would be $79.99 and I approved it, however on the 21 April 08 I was informed by email that a repair was not possible after all and that they had shipped me a new replacement (postage cost $29) I received this on 03 May 08 with a new Warranty / charger /software disk and cables.

Excellent service indeed
Keith
So, you bought it from overseas and they accepted to replace it for free?
lionfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:45 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Excellent service indeed
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:35 AM   #5
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I totally agree with Taylor, thanks for sharing positive experience.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2008, 08:54 AM   #6
Corrective
Enthusiast
Corrective began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS-650
wow that's amazing. I would have never thought that they would have replaced it with a brand new one. not a very practical business strategy but hey if you get a brand new reader good for u!

it might be because since the 505 came out they are trying to get rid of 500 stock
Corrective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:58 PM   #7
kren
Connoisseur
kren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionfish View Post
So, you bought it from overseas and they accepted to replace it for free?
Just for the record I bought my Sony Reader from ebay.com
Keith
Old 05-14-2008, 10:00 PM   #8
kren
Connoisseur

can anyone tell me how to post a new thread I appear to have forgotten
Keith
Old 05-14-2008, 10:17 PM   #9
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Click "Forums" at the very top of the page. Scroll the main forum page until you find the appropriate section. Click it (the bold black text). Either start a new thread there, by finding the tiny little "new thread" blue button, or browse to a sub-forum and do the same.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:41 PM   #10
kren
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Click "Forums" at the very top of the page. Scroll the main forum page until you find the appropriate section. Click it (the bold black text). Either start a new thread there, by finding the tiny little "new thread" blue button, or browse to a sub-forum and do the same.
Got it thanks
Keith
Old 05-16-2008, 11:05 AM   #11
edsohsmith
Connoisseur
edsohsmith began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505 (soon)
I bought a book from the Sony site and was very disappointed with the formatting of the book. Margins were way too big and not enough text per page. I complained to customer service and they immediately refunded my purchase.

Good customer service.
edsohsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:42 PM   #12
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I noticed the quality issues on the free classics, I finally decided not to get anymore after downloading about 5 of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsohsmith View Post
I bought a book from the Sony site and was very disappointed with the formatting of the book. Margins were way too big and not enough text per page. I complained to customer service and they immediately refunded my purchase.

Good customer service.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:51 PM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You'll find that most of them can be downloaded from the "Book Uploads" forum section here, and the versions we have are a lot better formatted than the Sony versions.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:20 PM   #14
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Harry is definitely correct!! I've had my PRS505 for about two weeks now. I immediately started downloading a bunch of the "free classics" from Sony Connect. I've since replaced most of the ones I downloaded with ones that have been posted here. Much better quality--and definitely better use of the full screen.

THANKS everyone for all your hard work on formatting the books that are posted here--your work is much appreciated!

Quick question to anyone who knows--I haven't bought any books from Sony Connect yet--are all of their books formatted with the same annoying (to me anyway) wide margins?

Thanks!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:17 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
THANKS everyone for all your hard work on formatting the books that are posted here--your work is much appreciated!
The best way to say "thank you" is to upload some books yourself .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote