Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-11-2014, 07:04 AM   #1
rnuss
rnuss began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question fixed layout text display on iBooks

I'm working on a fixed layout ebook for iBooks 3.2. I've noticed a funny glitch that occurs when I view the file on the iPad - letter/word spacing seems to adjust when turning the pages. Sometimes it carries words over to the next line and sometimes it just appears to widen the letter spacing slightly.

I've taken a short video to demonstrate – it doesn't pick up the more minute jumps but you can see it happening on screen. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I have introduced forced line breaks in places where words carry over and this seems to work, but I haven't found a solution to stop the letter spacing glitch.

Rosa
Attached Files
File Type: zip IMG_2111.MOV.zip (1.68 MB, 233 views)
rnuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:42 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the ePub forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2014, 08:00 PM   #3
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
If you don't already have an Apple developer account, I would suggest creating one over at developer.apple.com, then file a bug report at bugreport.apple.com. Enclose a copy of the EPUB in question as an attachment.
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:26 AM   #4
rnuss
rnuss began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks dgatwood, good idea! I'll do that and report back if I find a solution in case anyone else encounters this
rnuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, fixed layout, ibooks, ipad, letter spacing