Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #1
aterry13
Enthusiast
aterry13 began at the beginning.

Device: nook str
Embedded Fonts

I am struggling with two eBooks where I really need to change the embedded font. The current one is so light that it is too hard for me to read it. However, despite changing the style sheet, the page styles, adding the font files into the doc, adjusting the code within each chapter and adding the correct font (which is compatible with my Nook simple touch since all my other books I embed this font), nothing seems to work. It shows up properly on Sigil and Calibre viewers and in the Calibre eReader with the font I want. Ideally, I would like to essentially erase everything but what I need and rewrite it myself, but that is beyond me. It is almost as though there is something that comes BEFORE the changes I keep making and it negates or overrides my changes...

Any help, advice, guesses () would be greatly appreciated as I am completely stumped. I think I have gone through everything, but it never hurts to get another opinion! Both eBooks are having the exact same problems...
Moderator Notice
Copyrighted material shall not be posted. Deleted.

Last edited by theducks; 02-03-2014 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Deleted copyrighted books
aterry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:47 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Not a good idea to post copyrighted books here.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
"The current one is so light that it is too hard for me to read it." -

surely there are brightness & contrast controls on your e-reader ?

mine has them, thought I don't use them. I assume all the main makes also have them.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote