Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-30-2014, 10:10 AM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Firefox on Fire Question, Redux?

FF keeps promoting how wonderful the Android version is, but as far as I can tell, it it still is not available for the Fire 1st gen, or any other. Is it?

A search turned up a couple of apps that are third party ones, and when I tried to download, got a dire warning that this might be dangerous, so did not take the chance.

I did run across one evidently beta version called aurora, but when I tried downloading, it would not work. I had changed the Setting to "yes" for third party apps, or whatever it is called, but still no luck.

Anybody know of a way FF can be installed on the Fire? Silk is OK, but FF can sync all the bookmarks from my desktop, which would be extremely helpful.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Turn your Sync on the book marks on your PC & Fire will be the same.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2014, 11:20 AM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Check out 1mobile. You can download .apk for Firefox directly from the website, or install their app from their website and use that to discover and download apps that aren't in Amazon App Store. The app will manage updates for you I think. I can't advise about the risks as I have not used it for awhile.

The other way is to have another Android device. You can then backup an app to .apk, move it to your fire, and install. Some Google Play apps have DRM that prevent this from working. But you have to do this every time the app gets an update.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:28 PM   #4
connie2000
Connoisseur
connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.connie2000 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Fire HD 6", PW2, sony 950, Fire Phone, kindle fire HDX 9, Huawei Mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post

Anybody know of a way FF can be installed on the Fire? Silk is OK, but FF can sync all the bookmarks from my desktop, which would be extremely helpful.
I installed it from 1Mobile Market.
market.1mobile.com
connie2000 is offline   Reply With Quote