Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-04-2014, 02:21 AM   #1
spulley
spulley began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel White 7in.
Moving books to device issue.

I just updated my Pandigital novel to the android app operating system. I went to put my books back on my the novel and they keep going into a folder that Calibre makes on the device called books. Calibre used to put them in the ebooks folder along with their book cover. I then installed the new version of Calibre and tried again with the same result. I then looked on the internet and saw a post saying to use the connect to folder feature under the connect/share tab but the option is not able to be clicked. Then I tried the content server but that does not come up on any other device than the laptop which Calibre is installed on.

The way they are now going in looks like this.
Example: books > Clancy,Tom_ > Command Authority

It used to look like this.
Example: eBooks > Command Authority - Tom Clancy

The books have to be in the eBooks folder to come up as far as I know.

Does anybody have any ideas. I would like this to work as smoothly as it did before I updated my novel.

Thanks,
spulley
spulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:37 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Since you have changed your device to be an android device, calibre is using the generic android driver for the device. If you want to control where files are placed, you need to customize the driver by right clicking on the device icon in calibre and choosing configure this device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2014, 02:51 AM   #3
spulley
spulley began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel White 7in.
It still creates a books folder just without the subfolders.

Thanks,
spulley
spulley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, calibre android