Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
peekpoke
Enthusiast
peekpoke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle/Android
Calibre Companion won't accept wired internet

A problem I've had ever since using Calibre Companion is that it refuses to work on a Android device using wired internet.
This comes up on a Rikomagic RK802IIIs which has such poor WiFi that I use a USB Ethernet adapter.
When I try to use the Connect button in CC, it says "Your device's WiFi must be switched on.".

The WiFi is actually turned on in my RK802IIIs, but it's not able to connect for more than a few seconds if at all. Many of the Android stick computers have similarly unreliable WiFi.

Would it be possible for CC to use a more general "Is internet" or "Is networking" available test?

Maybe something like this?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4...tion-available
peekpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:44 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
We will look into this, but can't promise anything. We must make sure that anything we do plays nice with the 3g tests CC does, and that we don't introduce any support load.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert