Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-15-2008, 06:37 PM   #1
The Alternative
Techno-Junkie
The Alternative doesn't litterThe Alternative doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500 (x's 2), PRS-505, PRS-600, iPhone, iPad
Thumbs up Sony Repair Center - Laredo, TX.

After reading many stories here about the bad service Sony has provided, in one form or another and seemingly for every issue that could arise with the Reader, I wanted to share my experience concerning the Sony Repair facility in Laredo, TX.

My PRS-505 screen was damaged (cracked in multiple places) when I inadvertently leaned on it one day. (I know, what a way to go!) In a panic, I visited the Sony website and was given precise information on how to return my Reader for repair. Thankfully, it was still under warranty.

Sony warned me in advance to back-up the books I had on the reader as they would probably be wiped from the internal memory during repair. This was done and my Reader hesitantly shipped off to Texas to be fixed.

Returning from work today I found that my Reader had arrived (I was sent an e-mail with the tracking number when it shipped) and after opening it was pleasantly surprised to find that a) all my loaded books were still intact and b) the battery was charged enough to turn on the machine and check the screen. Not only was the repair perfect but it was shipped back to me UPS 3 Day Select. I had my repaired Reader back in less than two weeks.

I am pleased to say that I am quite happy with the service I’ve received from Sony on this issue and have written them an e-mail saying as much. I truly hope that everyone can have similar experiences in the future.

The Alternative

Sony
The Alternative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Amazing they fixed it under warranty
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2008, 10:15 PM   #3
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Great for you!
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:14 PM   #4
lfcampos
lfcampos began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Post My Sony PRS-500 needs screen replacement

I am trying to find someone who can repair my device.
I hope I've found it here.
lfcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:26 PM   #5
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcampos View Post
I am trying to find someone who can repair my device.
I hope I've found it here.
If it's under warranty then contact Sony.
If not, then check whether you have accidental damage cover on your home insurance. The screen is expensive to replace and it may be better to replace the device, maybe with the 505, especially now that the PRS505 has so many new features in yesterday's firmware update.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert