Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-25-2013, 03:45 AM   #1
cliffsloane
cliffsloane can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.cliffsloane can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.cliffsloane can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.cliffsloane can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.cliffsloane can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.cliffsloane can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.cliffsloane can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.cliffsloane can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.cliffsloane can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.cliffsloane can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.cliffsloane can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: Kindle 4
Compiling raw XML files into an ebook?

I downloaded a zipfile that should have been a book. Instead, it was all the files that make up an ebook. I tried for 45 minutes to get it compiled (if that is the right word) in Calibre to no avail. How can I get it into readable format?

The ZIP includes the following:
Top level, mimetype file, OEBPS and META-INF folders
OEBPS has two files: content.opf and toc.ncx
and three directories: Images (all of them JPEG), Styles (two stylesheets) and Text (all the text of the book in many html files).

I tried launching "add books" from each individual file and from each directory. None of them became a book, nor a convertible format.

If this has been covered previously, a link would be great.
cliffsloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:54 AM   #2
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
It sounds like maybe an epub. Try changing the extension from .zip to .epub and see if Calibre recognizes it. (This topic should probably be in "Calibre" forum, or maybe "Workshop".
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2013, 04:01 AM   #3
cliffsloane
cliffsloane can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.cliffsloane can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.cliffsloane can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.cliffsloane can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.cliffsloane can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.cliffsloane can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.cliffsloane can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.cliffsloane can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.cliffsloane can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.cliffsloane can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.cliffsloane can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
It sounds like maybe an epub. Try changing the extension from .zip to .epub and see if Calibre recognizes it. (This topic should probably be in "Calibre" forum, or maybe "Workshop".
Brilliant!
I added the original RAR file (where before I unzipped it), then converted. Beautiful!
cliffsloane is offline   Reply With Quote