Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-05-2013, 06:45 AM   #1
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
What devices are you waiting for?

It is somewhat complementary to the buying new devices addicts thread. I have been looking for a perfect smartphone that has long battery life, pocketable and has all the readers installed on it for my ebooks if I don’t get a chance to run them through calibre first. Basically, a device that will replace prs 650 and Nexus S and I don’t have to worry about carrying two devices. I guess I have stumbled across such a thing. It is the yet to be launched Yotaphone or eink cases from Pocketbook and Alcatel.

What are the devices that you are waiting for?
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #2
alicepattinson
Banned
alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
With the new devices now I dont really think it's pocketable. hihihi. devices are getting bigger2 and it's so unfair to us who have small hands. hahahah. woo
alicepattinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2013, 07:12 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I was waiting for a quality, inexpensive media player. When Google slashed the Nexus 4 price by $100, my wait was over.

Now I'm waiting for a shirt pocket sized eink ereader with a flexible display that doesn't break when dropped or flexed. Are you listening Santa, baby?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #4
~Kate
Connoisseur
~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.~Kate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Fire HDX 8.9, Nexus 7 2013
Nexus 5 - as soon as it hits the stores. Wish Amazon would come out with a smartphone that would "change everything".

As a side note, I'd also love to see a decent wrist fitness tracker that syncs wirelessly with all my devices. Bought the Jawbone Up a week ago but it has no apps for any of my devices. Bummer.
~Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:54 AM   #5
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
ONYX T68.
6.8 in frontlit HD pearl eInk with open Android 4.
Unless the reviews say it is singularly bad, I'll be looking for a source early next year. Otherwise, I'm covered until Fallout 4 drives me to get an XBOX One.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2013, 08:03 AM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
A 7" or 8" windows 8 tablet.

Waiting for the Lenovo to come out, so it can be compared with the Dell one that arrived a week or so. I'll then be able to make a choice between the two.

(sadly, Nokia only announced the 11" tablet...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
ONYX T68.
6.8 in frontlit HD pearl eInk with open Android 4.
Unless the reviews say it is singularly bad, I'll be looking for a source early next year. Otherwise, I'm covered until Fallout 4 drives me to get an XBOX One.
Is Fallout 4 a game? Monkey prefers simple tablet games like Chimpact
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #8
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicepattinson View Post
With the new devices now I dont really think it's pocketable. hihihi. devices are getting bigger2 and it's so unfair to us who have small hands. hahahah. woo
Yes, I don't find any of the mainstream (not the stunted mini ones) smartphones pocketable. My limit is 4.3 inches for smartphones. Yotaphone almost fits the bill for me.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #9
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
I'm itching for a new device, probably either the Kobo Glo or the Kobo Mini. One would give me lighting at night, the other is that cool, convenient pocket size. I am thinking the Mini because I can read on my phone (Galaxy 3) at night in bed but something as portable as the Mini would be nice.

Other than that, I'm still happy with my Galaxy phone but I wish I had gotten a full-windows laptop instead of my Acer tablet. I don't need it often but, when I do, I miss it. I use my mother's little laptop but that thing isn't the greatest.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the Acer. Touchscreen and apps are fun and it works but, like I said, there are some things it doesn't do/isn't compatible with.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #10
din155
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Do you like the game or you are just showing camaraderie to a fellow monkey in trouble?
Old 11-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #11
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Fallout is a parallel universe you can visit every few years.
It is a dystopic timeline where all the cliches and memes from 50's sci-fi club flicks came to pass.
It can be loosely described as Elder Scrolls with (lots of) guns. As a compliment to both series. Bethesda RPGs are the primary reason I game, these days. Good storytelling, great games. (For contrast, the MASS EFFECT games are GREAT storytelling and good games.)

Last edited by fjtorres; 11-05-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #12
din155
Guru

Quote:
Fallout is a parallel universe you can visit every few years.
It is a dystopic timeline where all the cliches and memes from 50's sci-fi club flicks came to pass.
It can be loosely described as Elder Scrolls with (lists) guns. As a compliment to both series. Bethesda RPGs are the primary reason I game, these days. Good storytelling, great games. (For contrast, the MASS EFFECT games are GREAT storytelling and good games.)
Is it only available for Xbox or just the next version? Offcourse this shows how much I follow gaming
Old 11-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #13
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by din155 View Post
Is it only available for Xbox or just the next version? Offcourse this shows how much I follow gaming
They're on XBOX, PS3, and PC.
But the PC versions generally need (at release) video cards that cost more than a console. On consoles, they run much better on XBOX because of architectural issues.
They're bloody good (and somewhat cerebral) fun.
Mature gamers required.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #14
din155
Guru

Quote:
They're on XBOX, PS3, and PC.
But the PC versions generally need (at release) video cards that cost more than a console. On consoles, they run much better on XBOX because of architectural issues.
They're bloody good (and somewhat cerebral) fun.
Mature gamers required.
Wife plays lots of arcade games and thankfully does not follow RPGs otherwise Xbox would have been in devices waiting for list.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #15
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by din155 View Post
Wife plays lots of arcade games and thankfully does not follow RPGs otherwise Xbox would have been in devices waiting for list.
Unless you have a time-sink hobby of your own, you probably don't want to introduce her to The Elder Scrolls world. It is a very cheap hobby: you can get years (!!!) of gameplay out of each release.
It sucks you into the exploration and experimentation of the game world and gaming system. It is lots of immersive fun.