Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-09-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
Kuergee
Kuergee began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Lightbulb Bulk Cover Download

Today I tried out the relatively new possibility to download new covers for several books, which had only an ugly black and white title page for a cover, and then reviewing the chosen covers one after the other.

For some books again there were no suitable covers found, and here I missed a button to give those books (as a last resort) a standard cover like in the normal metadata dialog. I think this might be a nice addition ...

Oh, did I tell you I REALLY like Calibre?!
Kuergee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuergee View Post
Today I tried out the relatively new possibility to download new covers for several books, which had only an ugly black and white title page for a cover, and then reviewing the chosen covers one after the other.

For some books again there were no suitable covers found, and here I missed a button to give those books (as a last resort) a standard cover like in the normal metadata dialog. I think this might be a nice addition ...

Oh, did I tell you I REALLY like Calibre?!
select the book, tap 'E' (edit Metadata): Click 'Generate Cover': Save

OR
Get the Generate cover PI (this one also allow cover customization)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can generate covers in bulk, just select all the books and use the generate cover option of the bulk metadata edit dialog. Do this before downloading, then when no cover is found, the book will be left witht he generated cover.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
Neat tip! Thanks. It's amazing the things you pick up just poking around in the forums.
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Been using Calibre 3+ years and did not tumble to that one.

As Spock would say: 'Logical'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchreading View Post
Neat tip! Thanks. It's amazing the things you pick up just poking around in the forums.
The problem is remembering them when you need them.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #7
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You could also try the Search the Internet plugin. Google Images makes a great backup for when Download Metadata doesn't find a suitable cover.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #8
Kuergee
Kuergee began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You can generate covers in bulk, just select all the books and use the generate cover option of the bulk metadata edit dialog. Do this before downloading, then when no cover is found, the book will be left witht he generated cover.
Ouch - so simple a solution and I didn't find it. Thank you, Kovid. And have a nice birthday ...
Kuergee is offline   Reply With Quote