Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #1
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Calibre Companion V3.2.0 released

Calibre Companion V3.2.0 has been generally released after extensive testing in the CC early availability program. Thank you all who helped.

A summary of the improvements follows. The complete change log can be found at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...11#post2396111.
  • Grouping on ratings.
  • Display comments in book details using the full screen width. This is controlled by a new preference in the "Display" group.
  • Ratings are searchable using relational operators, such as rating:>=3 for books with rating of 3 or higher.
  • Float, int, and date values are now searchable using relational operators. You can leave off part of the date to do partial checks, for example pubdate:<=2000 will find all books published in 2000 or before.
  • Support wireless device and content server connections to a local computer when tethering and the phone/tablet is hub. The phone/tablet is acting as the wireless hub.
  • Improvement in connecting as a wireless device in certain more complex network setups, in particular those that use both IPv6 and IPV4.
  • Several bug fixes.

Last edited by chaley; 09-25-2013 at 10:59 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
3.2 has a minor bug that was not in the last prerelease. When I select any grouping from the drawer the title of that grouping does not show up next to the drawer icon. But if I go to Search and clear an empty search the grouping title appears next to the drawer icon as it always did.

Debug log sent.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Before Clearing Search.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	112241   Click image for larger version

Name:	After Clearing Search.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	112242  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2013, 03:33 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If the group info goes away only after going to book details or the content server, then I can reproduce the problem. Is that the case for you?

EDIT: I just got the debug log from Steven, and it confirms what I think is happening. FWIW: I will get the logs faster if you change the address to send them directly to me. Use the address cc_debug_log at charles dot haleys dot org. Or not ... Steven will forward them to me as soon as he sees them.

Last edited by chaley; 09-27-2013 at 03:53 AM.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:55 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
If the group info goes away only after going to book details or the content server, then I can reproduce the problem. Is that the case for you?
It does go away after Book Details, but it also goes away any time I change groups and does not appear again until I bring up search (an empty search) and press clear.

I'll clean the database then reinstall fresh and see what happens.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:18 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

@DoctorOhh: I see a lot of orientation changes in that debug log. Are you actually changing the orientation? If not, then I have another mystery to solve.

With further examination of the debug log, I think that my fix will take care of the disappearing text problem even in the case that I can't directly replicate. There appears to be some android-version-specific stuff going on, but the change will deal with it.
Advert
Old 09-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #6
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I hadn't noticed this problem until I read this thread but I can reproduce quite easily. Phone is in Portrait throughout.
  • Slide or press top left button to expose Groups browser.
  • Select a subset of books e.g. click on my tag called 'Crime'. The text Tags:Crime is displayed next to top left button.
  • If I slide-close the browser to return to cover view then the Tags:Crime text remains in-situ. However, if I click the top left button to close the browser (instead of sliding), the text disappears.

Android 4.0.4 BTW
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote