Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-23-2013, 04:14 AM   #1
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Switching off top and bottom icon bars?

When Marvin takes me to my open book that I closed it on last time (iPhone, I confess to having not even noticed this on iPad), it always opens with all option bars showing (so up top, Home etc and down the bottom, fonts etc). Is there a way to stop this happening? I may wish to access those things during the course of reading but not as soon as the book is opened.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
For a while, the bars did not pop up, and I liked that, too. Then Kris said there was a technical reason for why they must pop up in recent Marvin versions. I hope this is only temporary and that we can return to the previous mode of operation.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
I second this request. It helps you jump right into the text to not have to tap to make the toolbars disappear.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
RONE
Enthusiast
RONE began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4S
I'd also like to have the bars not visible.
RONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Noted. If I remember correctly, it's already posted as a feature request on GitHub. I'll schedule it.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
I don't think it's on GitHub currently. GitHub, I think, has the opposite request: make toolbars visible all the time while reading. Each of us is different, aren't we? I'm one of the "No toolbars unless I specifically ask for them, please!" crowd.

Edit: I've now checked GitHub, it's not there yet, so I've just posted it to
https://github.com/kguil/Marvin-Roadmap/issues/156

Last edited by Faterson; 09-23-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Right. I thought I must have missed a setting. Thank god, not quite "gone" yet.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote