Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-19-2013, 05:49 AM   #1
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Kindle paperwhite 2012 vs 2013 (video)

Hello.

The user "miau" in spanish site lectoreselectronicos, has linked this video when we can she this two ereader together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63QJtaxnC10

Sadly, I can´t see differences

Edit. Can you see this video?

Last edited by ixtab; 09-19-2013 at 08:17 AM.
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:49 AM   #2
Sideromelane
FYIAD
Sideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
It's watchable via the youtube link, the embedded video is broken.

PW2 appears to have two little lights on the bottom bezel, but they look oddly placed.
A video isn't the best way to tell, but the screen doesn't look any crisper or sharper. I honestly cannot see a major difference. Why is this being touted as the PW2 when it's clearly, at best, the 1.25?
Sideromelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #3
benjamin11900
benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: none
Well it's hard to see differences on the video but I can easily see differences on that picture.

benjamin11900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #4
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, but this in this pictures, the kindles have lights on.

And, in this video, at 4:50, you can see both screen with light off, and I can´t see differences
Old 09-19-2013, 07:14 AM   #5
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I can see a difference of better contrast on the newer Kindle (the one on the left I'm assuming is the newer model). Even at 4:50 when the light is fully off on both models, I can still see better contrast on the newer Kindle. The background is a bit whiter and the blacks and grays are darker. It looks like they're identical sizes though, so would an old cover fit the new Kindle?
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #6
benjamin11900
benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: none
Yes, the size is exactly the same.
benjamin11900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I also can't see a difference. I don't know if I will keep my pre-order. I may just keep my old paperwhite and get a kobo aura/aura HD.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #8
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I have a feeling that this is going to be something you need to see for yourself. It's hard to capture the quality of light itself on film, after all. I don't speak Spanish; what were the conclusions of this reviewer?
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #9
ersott
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
I have a feeling that this is going to be something you need to see for yourself. It's hard to capture the quality of light itself on film, after all. I don't speak Spanish; what were the conclusions of this reviewer?
They are italians
Old 09-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #10
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
They are italians
Oh how embarrassing. Well in my defense, I did notice that it said it was posted on a Spanish site, and after that I didn't pay attention to the language, since I don't speak any romance languages!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #11
ersott
Evangelist

Quote:
Oh how embarrassing. Well in my defense, I did notice that it said it was posted on a Spanish site, and after that I didn't pay attention to the language, since I don't speak any romance languages!

eP
I understand you, italian is similar to spanish, but i don't understand italian enough yo answer your question

Old 09-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
Yes, but this in this pictures, the kindles have lights on.

And, in this video, at 4:50, you can see both screen with light off, and I can´t see differences
The left one had slightly more contrast, but it was difficult to tell with the reviewer waving both units around so much! I didn't see enough difference to warrant an upgrade from a PW1 though.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #13
ersott
Evangelist

Quote:

eP
I understand that, when the guy turns light off say that "the screen of new paperwhite is clarity whiter than old paperwhite"

I really hope that ambiental light was not perfect for this review

Greetings.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #14
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
what were the conclusions of this reviewer?
It was more of a walkthrough rather than a review really. Still, he seemed to make quite a big deal of the increased contrast and more uniform lighting.

I'll just wait and see what the unit I receive is like, that's going to be the only way to judge (but then if there's as big a variation in PW2 screens as there was with the PW, it could all be just a lottery again )

Edit: I could see the difference in contrast in the video

Last edited by Yolina; 09-19-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #15
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
He praised the more uniform light distribution and the improved contrast. I don't see a difference.
He also mentioned the noticeably faster page turns.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote