Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 09-08-2004, 04:06 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Fujitsu Siemens Pocket LOOX 720 Review

Russian Mobile-Review has reviewed the new Fujitsu Siemens Pocket LOOX 720. The devices features a 520MHz X-Scale processor, 128MB RAM, Bluetooth, WiFi, a 1.3MP digital camera and a VGA screen. - I am drooling! This is definitely the best PDA I've seen so far!

The handheld has ultimate features: two slots for expansion, two wireless adapters, USB-host, large RAM, VGA-screen, long battery life. The processor performs well during tests and under real conditions. The LOOX 720 comes with a nice design and a well thought-out ergonomics (grooves at sides, the scrolling wheel), unless the buttons have a lag. The microphone quality is the highest. The screen isn’t a large one, but its quality makes it the best compared with Toshiba e800 and Asus A730 (consider viewing angles). I am not praising the device, I’m just enumerating the facts. To say the truth, it’s very hard to find faults with the LOOX 720. Its only weak point is the price, besides the fans of Toshiba e800 and HP iPaq 4700 might say, the comfortable work with the VGA screen is possible only at 4”.

The LOOX 720 represents a Hi-End PDA of the second half 2004. Two wireless adapters, VGA-screen, Intel XScale PXA27x processor, WM2003SE operating system – we’ll meet such a combination many times in our future reviews very soon. I wonder who will be the first to release a handheld with the VGA screen and a single slot for expansion.