Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #1
shadowed
shadowed began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Kobo touch, going back to library?

Hi!

I just bought a new kobo touch, and looking at the youtube videos, mine seems a little different...

Once I've opened a book, I can only seem to see the "% read" in the bottom left corner, whereas other kobos I've seen online seem to be able to return to the library? Is this a setting error / firmware update issue?? It's rather annoying having to press the button to get back home each time.

Also, my kobo doesn't seem to save the settings for each book that I'm on. Is that normal?

Many thanks!!
shadowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #2
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowed View Post
Also, my kobo doesn't seem to save the settings for each book that I'm on. Is that normal?
Not normal.

What firmware version are you on? Have you tried a factory reset?
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowed View Post
Hi!

I just bought a new kobo touch, and looking at the youtube videos, mine seems a little different...

Once I've opened a book, I can only seem to see the "% read" in the bottom left corner, whereas other kobos I've seen online seem to be able to return to the library? Is this a setting error / firmware update issue?? It's rather annoying having to press the button to get back home each time.
That depends on the firmware version. The back or previous button was displayed in older firmware and is coming back in the next firmware.
Quote:
The only settings that are saved per book are the font, line spacing and margins. What should happen is that you open a book, make the changes, exit the book and open another. This book will use the setting you just used. Change the settings, close that book and return to the first book. This should open with the settings you were using before.

The settings saving is also firmware specific. If you let the device update when you set it up, it should have version 2.5.2, which should work. The factory default firmware on a Touch probably won't be a version that saves the settings for each book.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:20 AM   #4
shadowed
shadowed began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Thanks so much for your help! I'll update the firmware, and hope that it all works better!
shadowed is offline   Reply With Quote