Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-31-2013, 07:08 AM   #1
Contemporary
Nameless Being

Greetings from Australia!

It was then that Whiskers realised he shouldn't have let the dog near his books.

Evening, folks! I'm Contemporary, a twenty-one year old publishing and journalism student and an absolutely avid reader. I've got a Kobo Aura HD and I mostly use it to collect public domain books, as well as the odd well-loved book with a less than gorgeous cover (or, as I like even planes and angles, a series where the edition size and style changed halfway through!).

This is my first e-reader, and I'm absolutely in love so far - the screen is brilliant, though it's taking some getting used to in order to really immerse myself! I'm looking forward to exploring this forum and acquiring even more ebooks - the book club looks excellent!
Old 08-31-2013, 08:26 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Welcome to Mobileread! Bingley and Darcy say "G'day" to Whiskers. Or possibly just "Zzzz."

Last edited by meeera; 08-31-2013 at 08:34 AM.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
Contemporary
Nameless Being

Bingley and Darcy (Jane Austen, yes?) are just lovely! "Whiskers", I'm afraid, isn't mine - I found the photo on Imgur, a popular image-hosting website. This disapproving lady, Fatima, is mine:

Old 08-31-2013, 09:11 AM   #4
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	penciled kitty.gif
Views:	214
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	110272 Contemporary, and welcome.

(I don't have a kitty, but my dog says Hi.)
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contemporary View Post
Bingley and Darcy (Jane Austen, yes?) are just lovely! "Whiskers", I'm afraid, isn't mine - I found the photo on Imgur, a popular image-hosting website. This disapproving lady, Fatima, is mine:

Fatima is sweet also! Of what does she disapprove? Your reading material, or the fact that you're taking a photo instead of dispensing cuddles?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2013, 09:59 AM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
G'day Contemporary and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #7
Contemporary
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Attachment 110272 Contemporary, and welcome.

(I don't have a kitty, but my dog says Hi.)
Hi, Lady Blue - dogs are fabulous! Give him / her a cuddle for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Fatima is sweet also! Of what does she disapprove? Your reading material, or the fact that you're taking a photo instead of dispensing cuddles?
I think that most of the disapproval stems from my placing the laptop on her favourite sleeping spot on that particular couch - why go to another couch when the human wants to use this one, after all? I like to tell myself that she's got a disapproving expression because she can read the webpage I'm on, and she really wishes that I wouldn't play World of Warcraft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
G'day Contemporary and welcome to MobileRead
G'day to yourself, Cassidym! I see that you're from North Virginia - I love hearing Americans say "g'day".
Old 08-31-2013, 05:41 PM   #8
MissMaple
MissMaple began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
My cats do not approve of me playing WoW either.... I am close to tempted to build a cage around my desk to keep the off the keyboard :-P
MissMaple is offline   Reply With Quote