Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 08-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #1
apennebaker
apennebaker began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ Reader
Mac epub readers with smooth scrolling?

I like scrolling vertically down my ebooks. This works well with Preview.app and PDFs, but I can't seem to find an EPUB reader with smooth scrolling. FBReader.app has very jerky, almost unusable scrolling.

The more formats the better! I'd like to read CBZs/CBRs as well as EPUBs in the same reader.
apennebaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
For e-ink readers, what you want does not work well. The screen is not constantly refreshed but is put up one whole screen at a time. Between changes of screen it uses little power. What you want is a power guzzler for these readers. I assume tablets with their LED/LCD screens can do this better.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #3
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
He is asking for a Mac application.

Edit: Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks will have iBooks as an application, so it may have better support for ePub. 10.9 will be released soon.

Last edited by David Munch; 08-30-2013 at 03:00 AM.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, mac, scroll, scrolling, smooth