Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 09-02-2004, 05:28 PM   #1
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
external Wifi for all Palms!

Enfora sells wireless portfolios for Palm PDAs. They give wireless access to almost any Palm, including the T|E. The data goes through the sync connection, either the universal connector or the mini-USB in the case of the T|E. The wireless unit has its own rechargeable battery, so you can be wireless without sucking down your Palm's battery. I found a mention of this case at Brighthand and a review at Daily Gadget. Both of those date back to May and I have never heard of this! The price is a little steep at ~$150, but if you can't get wireless any other way, then this doesn't seem like too much to ask. I'd be curious to hear if anyone has seen/used one of these and what their impressions are.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:56 PM   #2
maceyr
Palm Discoverer
maceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it ismaceyr knows what time it is

Device: Treo 650 & Zire 71
Digging up an old thread, but wanted to reply regarding this. Check out this review from the Brighthand forums

http://discussion.brighthand.com/pal...ghlight=enfora

and here's a link to search results on "Enfora"

http://discussion.brighthand.com/pal...der=descending

There's lots of postings on the enfora portfolio case as well as the Sandisk Wi-Fi card. Unfortunately, the case isn't cheap.

I ended up getting the Sandisk Wi-Fi card and the Power to Go sled and still waiting for the price to drop a bit, or hope that there are other alternatives. The Enfora Quad-Band GPRS/GSM portfolio, which would make my Palm almost a smartphone isn't bad either but it's way too expensive.

Last edited by maceyr; 04-21-2005 at 01:43 PM.
Advert
Old 02-28-2006, 12:03 PM   #3
jonquirk
jonquirk began at the beginning.

Device: Pa1mOne Tungsten|E2
Enfora don't seem to be in any hurry to embrace Palm's multi-connector, as used in the T5 and TE2. I wonder if the mini-usb version sold for the Tungsten|E would work with a hotsync cable and usb to mini-usb adapter or just by hacking the cable to replace the mini-usb plug with a multi-connector plug?