Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 09-01-2004, 02:40 PM   #1
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Unlimited Dynamic Memory Hack

I know that it's been a while since I put anything on the front page but this is big news. I am in awe of the new palms with large amounts of dynamic memory only because they can take advantage of such programs from codejedi such as GuineaPig which I have been wanting to try for a long time. This amazing program combines a genesis emulator, turbografix 16 emulator, gamegear emulator and sega master system emulator. The best of all it's free!

I found the following tidbit looking for an update of the palm pilot movie maker for the new treo and came upon something that I found interesting. It is a hack to "increase" the amount of dynamic memory on any palm. It is currently in beta and I havn't got to try it but it looks promising.

http://dmitrygr.palmz.ru/

From the site:

Unlimited Dynamic Memory Hack - by Dmitry Grinberg 08/31/2004 17:53

Unlimited Dynamic Memory Hack is in beta right now. Allows you to run programs that require a lot of dynamic memory, and thus will not run on older palms. Hopefully release will follow soon.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:32 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hm what exactly does this hack do? Is the dynamic memory space somewhat limited other than by the physical ram of your device?
Advert
Old 09-05-2004, 02:56 PM   #3
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Alex,

Yeah some apps do not even run on devices with low dynamic memory. Physical ram does not matter.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:17 PM   #4
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Thanks a bunch!!

I love GuineaPig now. I tried it based on your post and it works phenomenally. I came across 340 ROM's I didn't know I had and they work fanastically. I am really jazzed about this and I think I may stay with Palm (instead of going to PPC) even if their new models suck, I just may be moving from PalmOne to Zodiac for the excellent 480X320 screen and more game-like controllers.
POL9A
Old 09-14-2004, 11:26 PM   #5
Zire
Fanatic

You'll love the zodiac because a free multi emulator is available for it read more at http://yoyofr92.free.fr/ljz/index.html

From the site:
Little John Z, YoYo's much anticipated, everything-but-the-kitchen-sink emulator for the Zodiac has finally been signed and released to the public, free of charge. Jeff Mitchell, aka "Skeezix" from CodeJedi, started off temporarily hosting the signed file, but the latest update (just released today) can be found on YoYo's Official LJZ site.

LJZ is an emulator for the following platforms:

Gameboy, Gameboy Color
Genesis
NeoGeo Pocket, NeoGeo Pocket Color
NES, SNES
Turbo Grafx-16
WonderSwan, Wonderswan Color

Version .7

Zodiac Only

# [ALL] Compiled with more optimization, so perhaps a little speed boost (no time to benchmark)
# [ALL] Changed the creator IDs to have one for each .prc files : no more trouble with radial menu
# [SNES] Fixed the crashing bug at exit when having loaded a savestate before
# [GUI] Fixed the flickering at the end of the gfx effect at launch time.
Advert