Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
huanqing.shao
huanqing.shao began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper White
LED light doesn't work properly

My kindle paper white turned out to have the following problem one day morning after I detached it from the charger which was connected for a whole night.

The second to the left LED light out of the four at the bottom of the screen doesn't work if the light level is set below 12, but if the light level is set above 12, it works as well as the other three.

I tried everything I can, like reboot the system, reset the system, re-install firmware version 5.3.6, but none of this resolved the issue.

Does any one know how to get it fixed? I don't want to ask Amazon to fix it for me, because it takes long and I can't stop reading for a single day.

Thanks!
huanqing.shao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
You need to call Kindle Support and get a replacement. They will usually send the replacement before asking you to send in the old Kindle.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert