Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 08-12-2013, 12:41 AM   #1
KoboArc-er
KoboArc-er began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Kobo Arc charging problem?

My half year old Kobo Arc recently got this charging . If its not positioned right, then it won't charge. Its been going on for around 2 weeks. I have to keep on wiggling the charger, repositioning it, struggling to find a position where it charges and keeps me in a comfortable place/position. This has happened before but I resolved it by simply switching the charger. It didn't work this time around.
Please help me fix this annoying problem!!!

P.S. Don't tell me to reset, I have too much precious things!!
KoboArc-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #2
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Your precious things should be backed up so they are not lost. Where did they come from and do they have DRM. Your books from Kobo with DRM should be backed up on Kobo servers they might be Kepubs or Adobe DRM commonly called Adobe Digital Editions (ADE). Books you bought from other sources with DRM should be ADE also so they can be used on a Kobo reader. ADE books and ebooks without DRM can be backed up on your computer or external storage at a safe place away from computer location so your precious things are not lost in a fire that destroyer your computer and/or your Kobo reader.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #3
skloon
skloon began at the beginning.

Device: none
I had the same. Issue. It was the charge port was damaged, it is attached to a flexible circuit board and isn't very durable
skloon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charger, kobo, positions, problem