Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-13-2008, 11:26 PM   #1
Rick C
Seeker
Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Free medical books

Didn't see that this has been reported on before.
http://freebooks4doctors.com/fb/special.htm
Lots of topics,various formats,some various language editions.630 books in all, says they are "promoting free access to medical books".
Rick C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:16 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just took a look at the site and noticed that some of the books are out of date and thus not all that useful since we'd need to get more current information.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2008, 10:25 AM   #3
Rick C
Seeker
Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi Jon,
Yes I agree with your observation,some of it is definately not the latest and greatest- I would certainly not advise any surgeons to try and perform any brain surgeries based on the info on this link- but there are about 680 free medical related books organized by category- I'm thinking that it is not entirely useless.
Rick C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:18 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick C View Post
Hi Jon,
Yes I agree with your observation,some of it is definately not the latest and greatest- I would certainly not advise any surgeons to try and perform any brain surgeries based on the info on this link- but there are about 680 free medical related books organized by category- I'm thinking that it is not entirely useless.
No, not entirely useless. But, you do have to take a look at what information there is in these books and the published date in order to make an informed decision as to whether the book may bee to old to be of any use.

Could the fact that they are not all the latest and most up-to-date books be the reason they are giving them away?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote