Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 08-30-2004, 12:20 AM   #1
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Rumors of Dell x50

Engadget is reporting a rumor of a Dell x50 in the works, supposedly for October release. No pics as yet. Like the x3 and x30, there will be several models, the highest featuring a 3.7" VGA screen. All models will have SD and compact flash slots. Alledgedly. (I'm not a PPC user yet, but I don't see why they won't let compact flash go...) Sounds pretty exciting if it's true. October is my birthday month. Hopefully the release of the x50 will drive the prices down on the x30 line.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:27 AM   #2
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
3.7" VGA ... yummy!
Advert
Old 09-01-2004, 10:05 AM   #3
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

UPDATE: Brighthand has some more info on the X50 gleaned from FCC filings. No clear pics as yet, but we should probably hear something official in the near future.
Quote:
More information on the handhelds in the X50 series has been found in the FCC filing. One model will have a 3.7-inch, 640-by-480-pixel (VGA) screen, a 624 MHz Intel XScale processor, and either 128 MB or 64 MB of RAM. A second model will have a 3.5-inch, 240-by-320-pixel (QVGA) screen, a 520 MHz XScale processor, and 64 MB of RAM.

Another detail that is included with the FCC filing is the fact that this handheld will use a 1100 mAh battery, with a 2200 mAh extended battery available separately.

This isn't confirmed by the information in the FCC site, but all versions of the X50 are expected to have both a CompactFlash slot and an SD slot.

[Emphasis added]According to the terms of the confidentiality request, the FCC is allowed to reveal all the documents it is currently withholding on Friday, September 24. This means that even if Dell hasn't officially announced the Axim X50 by then, the FCC will still post all the details of this model on its web site on that date.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:26 AM   #4
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Dell is looking very nice. With specs like that, HP are going to be hard pressed keeping my business when I upgrade, I think. They also sell for very reasonable prices over here in Oz.

Craig.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:39 PM   #5
ignatz
mechanoholic

Latest news on the x50 (both from Brighthand):

Possible pics have shown up on Aximsite

Release has been pushed back to November (To all those who just have to have the latest and greatest and are waiting waiting waiting impatiently for the x50 I have this to say: GET OVER IT! Live a little bit and get something that you like now!)
Advert
Old 09-14-2004, 01:47 PM   #6
JongJungBu
JongJungBu began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim X30
I concur. Everyone is saying skip the X30 and get the X50. Well, if I were them I wouldn't have wanted to wait 3-5 months till I get a PocketPC. Now, if you already have a PPC and I do and did and that's fine. But if you don't have one at all, you could be waiting a while. Plus, it's good to let a device hit the market for a few months to see what problems come up that they'll solve before you buy it yourself.

I suspect I will be getting an X50 eventually anyway whether I want to or not because it will probably be the cheapest VGA PPC out there. And I'd like to begin supporting true VGA in my games.

JJB
Old 09-14-2004, 08:15 PM   #7
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by JongJungBu
I suspect I will be getting an X50 eventually anyway whether I want to or not because it will probably be the cheapest VGA PPC out there. And I'd like to begin supporting true VGA in my games.

JJB
Now that I would like to see!

Craig.