Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 08-28-2004, 10:54 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Tungsten T5 Soon?

An unconfirmed report from German Nexave.de is claiming the next Tungsten handhelds from palmOne may be called the Tungsten T5.

If German language is not your strength you can also read the Altavista's translation.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:43 AM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'm very excited!

As I have made it known often, I am chomping at the bits to upgrade my little Sony SJ33. It's a great PDA, but I want more power, features, and memory. And especially a hires+ screen!

I still longingly look at the Zodiac2, and even the T|E, but it's just silly to jump on those when what I really want is probably something like what is maybe going to be called the T5. Or even the next Zodiac next year.

If we are going to see PalmOne announce new models in October, I would expect to start seeing more rumors. And especially rumors that confirm each other from different sources, which is something we haven't really seen yet.

While there are some things about the Zodiac that would be a compromise for me, I was so close to buying that I probably would have done so if they had a nice case that is small enough to put the whole thing in my pants pocket. But, alas, it's not available yet, so my will-power was extended and I wait eagerly for whatever is next.

Hmmm.... wonder if it's going to be a T5?! If so, I pray PalmOne gives it a great battery life!
Advert
Old 08-28-2004, 12:42 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

More rumors and a picture of a T5 prototype!
http://www.1src.com/forums/showthrea...2&page=2&pp=15

As of this moment, the response by "critics" is positive... it may just be real!
Old 08-28-2004, 01:34 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Looks good! Almost like a PPC
Old 08-30-2004, 03:33 AM   #5
jasondv
Enthusiast
jasondv began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten|T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
Looks good! Almost like a PPC
Exactly. Looks like a longish 19xx series iPAQ. I'm not exactly crazy about the looks, but the rumored specs make it worth some serious consideration.
Advert
Old 08-30-2004, 09:32 AM   #6
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
I should have realized this when the rumors of a TT4 started spreading: The number 4 is bad luck in most countries in Asia. Hence the Palm III and the Palm V.

$399? I better start saving up now!
Old 09-01-2004, 08:07 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Alas, at least those rumors from 1src.com proved to be false! Read more about the hoax here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobR
More rumors and a picture of a T5 prototype!
http://www.1src.com/forums/showthrea...2&page=2&pp=15

As of this moment, the response by "critics" is positive... it may just be real!
Old 09-01-2004, 08:20 AM   #8
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
What a strange thing to do...
Old 09-01-2004, 09:48 AM   #9
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Agreed, that's just whacked.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:10 AM   #10
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict

At this point, I almost don't care what PalmOne comes up with. As long as it's halfway respectable, there's a decent battery and it comes out by November.

Hey, I'll settle for a HiRes+ with 64K memory and a card slot (which the Zodiac2 already has beat, by the way -- 128K, two card slots and a graphics processor!) Heck, I'll even settle for OS5 if necessary.

Wonder what the chances are that PalmOne will hit a home run with something in the next round of releases. I don't think they will, but I do expect something I'll be excited about. Still hard to wait!
Old 09-01-2004, 11:32 AM   #11
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
It is hard to wait. I'm also very curious to see what form the Dell Axim x50 PPC will take (which we should know about by the end of Sept), though I have a strong feeling that it will be way out of my price range. I'm baffled that Palm is not jumping more on the wifi bandwagon, though we've had this conversation before so I won't belabor it. If T3 prices come down, I will consider going that route too...
Old 09-01-2004, 08:34 PM   #12
jasondv
Enthusiast
jasondv began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten|T
It's a hoax. Sigh.

Well, apparently it's a hoax. 1src has a comment on it:

"A few days ago, I was stunned by pictures of what seemed to be the Tungsten T5. TungstenInfo, the creator of the rumor, has admitted that everything was a hoax. At first, I was disgusted at this latest turn of events but in hindsight, I believe it was a good way to wake up my sensibilities."

Read the rest of the editorial here.

EDIT: Oops. Didn't read the later comments.

Last edited by jasondv; 09-01-2004 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-18-2004, 04:16 PM   #13
sUnShInE
Drama Queen

The latest rumor, backed up 'supposedly' accurate sources: The T5 and the Treo 650 will be out in late October.

An interesting slip on the PalmOne website, lends to the rumor's credibility. Check out the upper-portion of the page where it says what models the GPS unit will work with.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:02 PM   #14
sUnShInE
Drama Queen

To add on to my post above, I just ran across this article in The Register.

Nice to see the tech press reading what we (ie, the community) writes and giving credit... no matter how wrong or baseless.