Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
HarperCollins .99 cents sale on Amazon, B&N, maybe more?

Over 700 books marked down to .99 cents - including mysteries from Bartholomew Gill, Michael Jecks, Dana Cameron, Christopher Lane...two out of the three collected volumes of C.S Lewis' letters...

Search Results

Last edited by mitford13; 06-17-2013 at 10:35 PM. Reason: title clarification
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
B&N seems to have the sale also.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/harp...31&store=ebook
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #3
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Many of these -- the ones I've checked, at least -- are also available for 99 cents at Barnes & Noble.

EDIT: Fbone beat me to it.

Last edited by cromag; 06-17-2013 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Acknowledging defeat in the keyboard race.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #4
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Many of these -- the ones I've checked, at least -- are also available for 99 cents at Barnes & Noble.

EDIT: Fbone beat me to it.
Sorry

If you can find a better B&N link, please post. Mine is messy.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Most (all?) of these are temporary price drops by the publisher so they should show up at other sellers (OmniLit, Kobo, iBooks, etc.) at some point.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
I'm going to read this one:

Marching Through Georgia: Story of Soldiers and Civilians During Sherman's Campaign

Another nonfiction possibility:

Ghosts of 42nd Street
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #7
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Thanks - I updated the thread title to show more vendors...

I picked up these two non-fic:

Heavy Storm and Gentle Breeze: A Memoir of China's Diplomacy byTang JiaXuan

Happy Days Are Here Again: The 1932 Democratic Convention, the Emergence of FDR--and How America Was Changed Forever by Steven Neal

Plus the two C.S. Lewis collected letters.
Zoinks, Vol III is 1,845 pages...

Oops, looks like the thread title didn't actually update - any mod who could add B&N to the title?

Last edited by mitford13; 06-17-2013 at 10:44 PM.
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #8
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Advanced search and a tweak of the URL gives B&N 99 cents HarperCollins publisher. Many of them seem to be shorts or in the public domain though. Also, many of the short stories (e.g., Agatha Christie, Joe Hill, Guys Read) are quite a bit cheaper if you buy the full collection than each individual story.

Last edited by bgalbrecht; 06-17-2013 at 11:35 PM.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #9
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Being very tight with myself, I went through the whole list and only picked up two:

Sacrament- by Clive Barker. I've read it before but I wouldn't mind owning it.
The Rebel - by Jack Dann. Don't know the book but I think Jack Dann is a good writer.

Nothing else really jumped out at me. There were many Joe Hill stories but I probably have most of them already.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:56 PM   #10
book_goddess
Nameless Being

When I click the link, none of the titles are $0.99, and if I sort price lowest to highest, the lowest is over $8. Hmm. Must not be available in Australia.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:13 AM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I grabbed 5 out of the list. I am really trying to be good!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #12
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I picked up some of the Fantasy and Science Fiction anthologies at B&N.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #13
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Well, I would buy from B&N, but they won't let me do that unless I allow Facebook and Google Analytics to run scripts. Sorry, not happening. I'll be buying the SF anthologies from Amazon, I think.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:39 AM   #14
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbneader View Post
Well, I would buy from B&N, but they won't let me do that unless I allow Facebook and Google Analytics to run scripts. Sorry, not happening. I'll be buying the SF anthologies from Amazon, I think.
I buy ebooks from B&N all the time, and I have noscript turned on and I am able to buy ebooks with only the B&N websites allowed. I always have Facebook and Google Analytics disabled everywhere I go.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:01 AM   #15
cromag

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
I buy ebooks from B&N all the time, and I have noscript turned on and I am able to buy ebooks with only the B&N websites allowed. I always have Facebook and Google Analytics disabled everywhere I go.
Same here, even while buying today.

(To tell the truth, though, I often "allow" Facebook scripts -- Facebook is a good way to keep tabs on my kids. But I can confirm you don't need to "allow" them in order to make a purchase.)