Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-17-2013, 12:25 AM   #1
Villa10
Villa10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
How to change the book title?

Sometimes i get a book from the web (i don't know if we can talk about that here) and then send to the PW, but the name is doesn't right, like:

I don't know what are the order from the Hannibal series (The Silence of The Lambs is the first? The last one?), so i wanted to put the number before the book title, so i get the file i downloaded, who the name is Red Dragon, and renamed to 1st - Red Dragon on my computer, but when on the Kindle it stills get just the Red Dragon name. How do i change that? There's an software to change?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the bad english.
Villa10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
DailyPlanet
This world is not my home
DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DailyPlanet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Oasis 2
Calibre Very Easy to use. You can use it to convert other formats, manage collections (with a plug in) look up metadata and covers, and a ton of other stuff.
DailyPlanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
The title is stored in metadata within the book file. Not the title of the file. You have to change it using software, like Calibre.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:11 AM   #4
peter12345
Connoisseur
peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 * K3 with 3G, Sony PRS-T1
Calibre has a useful feature were it will check on the net the book, and even the book cover, including all meta-data!
peter12345 is offline   Reply With Quote