Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-25-2008, 06:02 PM   #1
lmarie
Dilettante
lmarie doesn't litterlmarie doesn't litter

Device: EB1150, Cybook Gen3, Kobo Touch
Talking NAEB rocks!!!!! Cybook arrives!!!

My Cybook arrived about an hour ago!! I'm doin' the happy dance!! Of course it came in the middle of another emergency I'm having to handle right now (argh) but at least, it's here, and it's charging! I guess since it takes so long to charge, I won't be doing much with it tonight anyway.

One funny thing: When I opened the brown cover and found only a foam rubber filler in it, I thought -- oh no!! They forgot to put the Cybook in! Of course, it's so thin and light, it was right underneath the cover, in its own protective packet.

Thanks to all the folks at NAEB who have struggled with SO much bureaucracy and red tape to get these to us!! What a journey! I hope it all works out well for you all from here on out. Now to figure it all out, and get reading!

Lelah
lmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:46 PM   #2
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Very happy for you!

I should get mine tomorrow! (According to UPS)

Georges
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2008, 07:21 PM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Mine's at the Post Office. Hopefully in my hands by Friday.

Thanks NAEB!!
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:59 PM   #4
Kitty
Kitty began at the beginning.

Device: Aaahhhhahahahaha! It's heeeee-rrre! ... oh. CyBook
aaagghhh! Mine sat in Illinois over the weekend and just left there this afternoon. The suspense is killing me! I've already downloaded the Firefly novel discussed in another thread and a ton of classics to read. ... Just a few more days - I can do this.

Congrats on getting yours, though.

Oh. And Thanks, NAEB!
Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:23 AM   #5
solodoc
Connoisseur
solodoc began at the beginning.

Device: CybookG3...
Great!

I feel happy for NAEB.....now there is an expanding base of users!

Being an early adopter is nice ....it's better still have more good company
solodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2008, 11:30 AM   #6
Loopy65
Groupie
Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Loopy65 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; iPad & iPhone 4
Congrats and welcome to the Cybook world! .. had mine a few months now and still love it .. hubby just broke the screen on his iRex and it reminded me again how glad I was to have my Cybook in it's nice cover at all times!

I'm now trying to wait patiently (yeah right!) for the first software update from Bookeen .. not holding my breath but something would be nice

Loopy
Loopy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:43 AM   #7
JohnnyD
Connoisseur
JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.JohnnyD did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Cybook Gen3 (cracked screen)/Bebook/Nokia E60/Nokia 5800/Kobo Aura HD
Welcome to the happy Cybook family!

...and all the best to NAEB en the splendid bunch at Baen, my favourite publisher...
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:49 PM   #8
penty
Connoisseur
penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: CyBook Gen3
Just remember to drop by the store and write a review.
penty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:52 PM   #9
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

It is finally in my hands!!!!

At last!

I should not say it is in my hands but in my one hand... because it is so light.

3 hours sure seem very very long when you watch it charge... but there is only 2hrs ans 17minutes left to wait.

By the way I got the brown cover!!! Seems nice enough for me.

First thing first I popped the 2gig SD card in and out a few times without any problems. Thank to those on this forum who mentionned to put the logo facing the back of the unit!

I have been exercising my thumbs for the last month or so, hopefully I should be able to turn the pages without too much effort.

2hrs and 14minutes left...

Thanks again to everybody at NAEB

Georges

Last edited by captaingeorges; 02-26-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:20 PM   #10
captaingeorges
Zealot

And it is working!!!!

The 2 hours 54 minutes wait is over!

I powered it on, check the PIB, went on the net to the 2 websites where i bought some books, put in the new PIB, and downloaded the books again.

Everything went fine,

I then connected the Cybook to my Mac and 2 two icons appeared. I transferred the books and I am now reading!

All my thumb exercises are paying off, because the buttons are not hard to press at all.

(I intend to publish shortly a DVD of my thumb exercises)

So far I am very very pleased!

Georges
Old 02-27-2008, 02:20 PM   #11
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi

Congrats, and yes please do publish the DVD.
I bet it will be very welcom by some of the Cybook users.

Best regards,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:24 AM   #12
Reddog_64
Reddog_64 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Thank You NAEB

Cybook is awesome. My entire Mobipocket library synced up and I'm well into the new Stephen King novel with no problems. It was worth the wait.

A big thanks goes out to all involved at NAEB
Reddog_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:13 AM   #13
ggendel
Connoisseur
ggendel is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook 3
Got mine yesterday. All charged and working so I'm tickled pink.

Some notes:

I did have some issues with the SD card, where the directories were read-only so I couldn't drop any ebooks. Even changing the properties didn't fix that. I finally reformatted into FAT32 which seems to have fixed it.

Another issue was when I loaded up my books I had waiting in the wings onto the SD card, the CyBook wouldn't start and just hung. It looks like I must have a corrupt ebook since it booted fine without the SD card. I started again, cleaned up the directory. With a subset of the books it works fine. I guess I'll have to investigate to find which ebook(s) are causing the issue.

Thanks for persevering! Order #30 is finally complete with another happy customer.

Gary
ggendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:26 AM   #14
kemikal
kemikal began at the beginning.

Device: cybook3
Me too. very happy

Issues so far not really anything serious.

1. Couldn't access the SD card until mobipocket had transferred one file across.
2. Nav button is very solid, doesn't register clicks easily, but I'm guessing that's good in the long turn.
3. Case could be a bit easier to hold.... it kind of feels of balance when reading with it on... maybe needs heavier mag weights in the flap.

Minor stuff, and it's not even complaint worthy.

NAEB = awesome. Might get one for my girlfriend now before she steals mine permanently.
kemikal is offline   Reply With Quote