Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-22-2013, 05:06 AM   #1
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
MOBI -> EPUB: Change cover template?

I would think this would be a straightforward thing, but apparently it isn't.

I want to customize the code that Calibre generates as titlepage.xhtml. In fact, if the cover image's location is always ./cover.jpeg, the code I want to use can be completely static and is totally self-contained; I can manually replace Calibre's file with mine in a converted EPUB in a matter of seconds.

My question is, is there any way to tell Calibre to use my code instead of generating its own, so I don't have to do all those manual replacements?
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
I would think this would be a straightforward thing, but apparently it isn't.

I want to customize the code that Calibre generates as titlepage.xhtml. In fact, if the cover image's location is always ./cover.jpeg, the code I want to use can be completely static and is totally self-contained; I can manually replace Calibre's file with mine in a converted EPUB in a matter of seconds.

My question is, is there any way to tell Calibre to use my code instead of generating its own, so I don't have to do all those manual replacements?
If I read this right. You want fully Automatic upon converting.

There is a 'Generate Cover' plugin that allows user designed covers to be created (manual click)

Conversions use the 'Library (metadata) cover. have the cover showing in the metadata before you convert.

Simply have the 'remove first Image' box ticked if the cover is not identified as 'cover' in the original and Calibre will remove that one.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #3
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If I read this right. You want fully Automatic upon converting.

There is a 'Generate Cover' plugin that allows user designed covers to be created (manual click)

Conversions use the 'Library (metadata) cover. have the cover showing in the metadata before you convert.

Simply have the 'remove first Image' box ticked if the cover is not identified as 'cover' in the original and Calibre will remove that one.
See, this is where I'm confused. I don't want to change the cover image from what's already in the book. I want to change the cover page code to my preferred template, which differs in a few small ways (black background color instead of white, no SVG, custom CSS - but only for that one document). In short, the JPEG is fine, but I want to change the XHTML.

If that's what that plugin does, then that sounds perfect - I just want to be sure we're both talking about the same thing.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
See, this is where I'm confused. I don't want to change the cover image from what's already in the book. I want to change the cover page code to my preferred template, which differs in a few small ways (black background color instead of white, no SVG, custom CSS - but only for that one document). In short, the JPEG is fine, but I want to change the XHTML.

If that's what that plugin does, then that sounds perfect - I just want to be sure we're both talking about the same thing.
Go try it. Kiwidude won't be mad if you don't like it
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote