Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
Upprcalypse
Upprcalypse began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
KPW: Testpoints etc. for USB Data+ & Data- ?

Hi,

I have a Kindle Paperwhite here with ripped off USB connector. I've managed to rewire +5V (and ground of course), but both pads of the usb data port are ripped off the pcb.

I was hoping someone might be able to help, are there any testpoint connected to Data+ and Data-? Or any other place on the pcb, I could reconnect the USB jack to?

Unfortunately I don't have a second KPW available, otherwise I'd be able to measure thrue...

Thanks in advance,
Gerald

Last edited by Upprcalypse; 03-14-2013 at 02:11 PM. Reason: changed to better title
Upprcalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upprcalypse View Post
Hi,

I have a Kindle Paperwhite here with ripped off USB connector. I've managed to rewire +5V (and ground of course), but both pads of the usb data port are ripped off the pcb.

I was hoping someone might be able to help, are there any testpoint connected to Data+ and Data-? Or any other place on the pcb, I could reconnect the USB jack to?

Unfortunately I don't have a second KPW available, otherwise I'd be able to measure thrue...

Thanks in advance,
Gerald
It is still in warranty - return it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #3
Upprcalypse
Upprcalypse began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks, but I suspect Amazon will not be too happy getting their kindle back with a badly ripped off connector for warranty...

To be honest, I have no clue how this happened, I got it this way.

[Edit] If anybody ever needs a +5V connection, you can use this one:

[/Edit]

Last edited by Upprcalypse; 03-15-2013 at 12:13 PM. Reason: added pic
Upprcalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Hmm... Yeah... Return... *cough*

Last edited by twobob; 03-17-2013 at 08:55 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:02 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upprcalypse View Post
Thanks, but I suspect Amazon will not be too happy getting their kindle back with a badly ripped off connector for warranty...

To be honest, I have no clue how this happened, I got it this way.

[Edit] If anybody ever needs a +5V connection, you can use this one:

[/Edit]
They ship the replacement before they ever see the return.
If you can bring yourself to stick with: "USB does not work" - no problems.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #6
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
If it happened before you even got it, it seems like a classic case of 'damaged in transit'. We're now well out of 'only companies with excellent customer service like Amazon will replace this' and into the territory of 'many countries have laws requiring this to be replaced.'

They'll replace it.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote